Unhappy with your jawline? Think your chin is too small? You are not alone! Gone are the days when you had to go under the knife to reshape your facial features. As more patients seek alternatives to surgical procedures to improve their appearance, non-invasive cosmetic fillers are becoming increasingly popular. With non-surgical chin augmentation – otherwise known as chin fillers – you too can receive a more defined jawline with little downtown and immediate results. Chin fillers are an FDA-approved, non-invasive, and customizable way to reshape your face.
There is an art to liquid chin augmentation. The injector must understand not only the anatomy of the chin but also the three-dimensional contours presented by the soft tissues and underlying skeletal framework. The chin is one of defining features of the face, giving shape to the face, and neck as well. And with aging, the chin tends to lose volume and projection. Fortunately, a natural chin enhancement can help to return the chin to a more youthful state without looking ‘fake’ or unnatural.
During your appointment, Lauren Cardone, APRN, and master injector inject small amounts of hyaluronic acid dermal fillers like Juvéderm into the chin and cheeks. These cosmetic fillers do not bind to water and actually mimic bone to plump or ‘fill’ the area of treatment. These types of dermal fillers are very different from botox injections, which actually inhibit muscle contraction.
The/treatments/botox-anti-wrinkle-treatments/ whole process of chin fillers usually takes 30 minutes depending on the course of treatment and desired result, thus helping to classify this type of dermal filler as a “lunch break” cosmetic procedure.
What Can Chin Fillers Help Improve?
The main purpose of chin and jaw fillers is to help provide balanced facial features. By plumping and providing volume in the chin area, chin fillers can:
- Reduce the appearance of a ‘double chin’.
- Reduce a ‘Fleshy neck’, where there might be some sagging skin.
- Reduce a ‘Pointed’ or ‘Squared chin’ by injecting fillers to make it more round.
- Reduce the appearance of a ‘Prominent nose’ by bringing forth your chin for a more balanced appearance.
- Increase the size of your chin.
- Increase the length of your chin and help solve for a ‘recessive chin’, producing a more projected, stronger chin.
- Improve the shape of your chin. Some patients may require more width, more length, more angular or less angular chins.
- Improve the symmetry of the chin.
- Adding filler along the jawline sculpts it and also helps make your neck look more defined. When placed correctly, chin fillers can also give the illusion of a slimmer jaw because of the structure it adds.
How Long Do Chin Fillers Last?
Chin fillers are not permanent like cosmetic surgery and do require upkeep. Chin fillers typically last between 9- 12 months, so touch-up appointments are necessary.
Book your consultation today to learn more about this procedure.